Sunday, October 16, 2005

Ramadan


Happy Ramadan
May you find your God
in a literal mean
-sie-
I mean.. I asked people the reason behind the act of fasting they always do during ramadan... very sincerely... because I really wanted to know and i felt so uncomfortable doing something just for the fuck of it and not knowing the core reason behind it... I mean... i truly wanted to do it if i think it has a right and useful means. But nobody came up with a very satisfying and convincing answer, it's rather sad, actually. I remember even there's someone who called me 'kafir' -although uttered jokingky- and there's also another one who said that i only wanted to find excuses for not fasting. Hell, all i wanted was just a convincing answer, so i could do the so called 'ibadah' with my heart instead of because everybody else's doing it. Once i decided to gamble, just tried to do it and MAYBE, just maybe, i might find the core reason why this so called 'ibadah' was created. I mean... i truly believe that something that was created must have been created with purpose, and in order to achieve the purpose, we have to know and understand it by heart. So, I found no satisfying answer from anybody, i decided to seek the answer by myself, by trying to do the fasting. But Ruli said that doing something without knowing the reason you're doing it is just like wanting to know if A nuclear bomb might kill thousands of people by trying on it. I came to agree with him. It's unwise to do something without knowing the real purpose of it. So i'm still searching... And you people, who decided to go ahead fasting without knowing why, may you also find what you're looking for...
image was taken from http://jcv.toykeeper.net

No comments: