Thursday, July 14, 2005

Bitter Butter

So this is 2005 and I live at the capital city of Indonesia and if I suffer for a chronic insomnia and I don’t have that much money to afford cable in my home I should ungrudgingly find a way to cure my nocturnal compulsion while frustratingly switch off my telly at night because there is no local channel is allowed to broadcast after one a. m.
Yes I live at the capital city of Indonesia and when I’m out clubbing with my friends, or having some drinks at the local nice cozy bar or lounge, or at any restaurant, I definitely should not let myself forget to remind my friends not to get too drunk because all those places are closed at two a. m. and everybody should go home.
The capital city, of Indonesia, and we have hours and hours of long queue to get ‘minyak tanah’ right in the middle of the city, and shortages of gasoline everywhere in the city.
And we have babies suffer for ‘busung lapar’, children suffer for the supposedly extinct poliomyelitis everywhere around the town.
And we live right here, in Jakarta, the capital city of Indonesia. Now can you imagine the even worse conditions in other places, here in our beloved nation?
Oh. Almost forgot.
Our dearly loved ‘wakil rakyat’ have just claimed for another salary increase up to thirty million rupiahs for the members of the fraction and up to sixty million rupiahs for the head. And also they have just proposed a new allocated budget for their ‘study tour’ programs around the world, with the total cost of 32 billion rupiahs.
Nice, isn’t it?

No comments: